Top prospects considering Kansas Basketball

As Kansas basketball continues to follow the mantra of “reloading not rebuilding,” the Jayhawks have laid the foundation for what could be the best recruiting class in Bill Self’s tenure at KU.

Point guard Conner Frankamp, small forward Brannen Greene, shooting guard Wayne Selden and center Joel Embiid have all committed to Kansas, and each is rated as a four-star prospect by Rivals.com.

Brannen Greene.

Brannen Greene.

Yet with room to add a few more names to the roster, the Jayhawks have their eyes set on a few other top-ranked recruits, such asnamely five-star power forward Julius Randle, who is due to visit Lawrence on Feb. 16th.

At 6-feet 9-inches and 225 lbs., Randle is ranked as the second best player in the nation — first in his position — and has been sought after by many of the top collegiate programs in the nation.

Florida, Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Kansas are among those who have extended offers to the Plano, Texas native, yet he has only scheduled visits to Florida, Kentucky, N.C. State, and Kansas. A trip to Texas, however, is expected.

ESPN regards Randle as a pro in the making who can attack the glass and drive it from mid-range.

Simply put, if Self can bring the big man to Lawrence any question marks remaining about his recruiting ability should vanish for quite some time.

Blake is a senior from Chicago, Ill., studying journalism on the news and information track. Read more from .

• Updated Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:16 pm
  • Edited by Brian Sisk