Big 12 Rankings

-Kansas State 10-1 (7-1) (First last week)

It was a bitter bye week for Kansas State. The team spent its bye week working on bouncing back after its recent 52-24 loss to Baylor.

-Oklahoma 9-2 (7-1) (Second last week)

A collective team effort helped Oklahoma win last week. Coach Bob Stoops liked what he saw from his offense and wants to see that carry over against Texas Christian.

-Texas 8-3 (5-3) (Third last week)

A loss for Texas lowered the team’s ranking. But Mack Brown has a plan to try and beat Kansas State,  push the Longhorns back up in the polls and keep the Longhorns’ sights on playing in the AT&T Cotton Bowl game.

-Oklahoma State 7-4 (5-3) (Fourth last week)

An overtime loss to Oklahoma was not easy to take, especially after the Cowboys put up 48 points against the Sooners. Oklahoma State will visit a Baylor team that has been playing well lately.

-Texas Christian 7-4 (4-4) (Sixth last week)

Coach Gary Patterson’s defense came to work on Thanksgiving against Texas. The Horned Frogs would love nothing more than to do the same thing against Oklahoma with a lot on the line for both teams.

-Texas Tech 7-5 (4-5) (Fifth last week)

Even though Texas Tech looked like a different team on Saturday, it still played strong against Baylor. But in the end the Red Raiders fell short and finished the season by allowing 111 points in two straight losses.

-West Virginia 6-5 (3-5) (Seventh last week)

West Virginia has had enough of being tossed around by Big 12 teams. The Mountaineers snapped a five-game losing streak Friday against Iowa and looks to finish the season on a better note against Kansas.

-Baylor 6-5 (3-5) (Eighth last week)

Baylor’s magic number is 52. For the second straight week, Baylor scored 52 points to pull off back-to-back wins at home. Can they keep up the consistency against Oklahoma State?

-Iowa State 6-6 (3-6) (Ninth last week)

It was a season of highs and lows for Iowa State. The Cyclones couldn’t pull out a quality win in the Big 12, but won enough games to become bowl eligible.

-Kansas 1-10 (0-8) (10th last week)

At this point, Kansas is willing to try anything at to win. After a season full of hardships, a win against West Virginia would be a sweet way to end the long season.

Laken Rapier is journalism major from Flower Mound, Texas. Read more from .

• Updated Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:01 pm
  • Edited by Laken Rapier