Big 12 Rankings for Week 13

-Kansas State 10-1 (7-1) (First last week)

Kansas State fans dreamed of seeing Collin Klein win the Heisman and the Wildcats in the BCS Championship game. However, a loss to Baylor kicked Kansas State out of the top five in the BCS poll. Now Kansas State can only focus on winning the Big 12 at home against Texas.

-Oklahoma 8-2 (6-1) (Second last week)

After a close win against West Virginia, Oklahoma keeps its second place spot. After Kansas State lost this past weekend, the Sooners have a chance to win the conference, but will need to win out and have Kansas State lose again.

-Texas 8-2 (5-2) (Third last week)

Texas dominated their last game against Iowa State to stay in the top tier of the Big 12. Mack Brown is pleased with his team’s performance this season. David Ash has played well lately, throwing five touchdowns and no interceptions in the last two weeks.

-Oklahoma State 7-3 (5-2) (Fourth last week)

Oklahoma State has surprisingly played well with Clint Chelf at quarterback the past couple of games. The Cowboys will visit the Sooners this weekend and should they win, there could be a three-way tie for second place in the Big 12.

-Texas Tech 7-4 (4-4) (Fifth last week)

Ranked teams in the Big 12 have gotten the best of Texas Tech. The Red Raiders have lost three of their last four games, with all three losses coming against ranked teams. They have an opportunity to finish strong with a win over Baylor, but a loss could land them in a less prestigious bowl game.

-Texas Christian 6-4 (3-4) (Sixth last week)

Texas Christian needed this bye week as it is halfway through a tough four-game stretch. The final two games of the season will test the Horned Frogs and decide what bowl game they will play in. Coach Gary Patterson would like to finish the season strong in TCU’s first year in the Big 12.

-West Virginia 5-5 (2-5) (Seventh last week)

West Virginia kicked off the season with a 5-0 record, only to turn around and lose five straight games and join the bottom half of the Big 12. With the talent the Mountaineers have, they’ve been disappointed with how their season has gone.

-Baylor 5-5 (2-5) (Ninth last week)

Baylor’s had a lot of problems within the conference this season, but a win over top-ranked Kansas State gave the Bears some bragging rights. But more importantly, Baylor has a 5-5 record and have a chance to become bowl eligible.

-Iowa State 6-5 (3-5) (Eighth last week)

Iowa State’s had a hard time finding wins in the Big 12, but the Cyclones took advantage of Kansas’ woes and produced its best scoring output this season under Sam Richardson, a quarterback .

-Kansas 1-10 (0-8) (10th last week)

Kansas coach Charlie Weis wanted to send the seniors out on a good note, but the Jayhawks could not stop a determined Cyclones team and lost their 20th straight game in the conference.

• Updated Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:26 pm
  • Edited by Andrew Ruszczyk