Big 12 football rankings week 11

-Kansas State 10-0 (7-0) (First last week)

Kansas State remains No. 1 in the Big 12 rankings and holds the No. 1 ranking in the BCS. The Wildcats must finish the season strong against Baylor and Texas to win the Big 12 and earn a spot in the BCS Championship game.

-Oklahoma 7-2 (5-1) (Second last week)

Baylor gave Oklahoma a run for its money on Saturday, but the Sooners pulled through with a win. Coach Bob Stoops is happy with the win and wants his team to end the season on a high note in hopes of playing in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

-Texas 8-2 (5-2) (Third last week)

Quarterback David Ash put up big numbers against Iowa State’s defense this past Saturday and gained a lot of confidence from this game. The Longhorns’ best bet is making it to the AT&T Cotton Bowl after the regular season.

-Texas Tech 7-3 (4-3) (Fourth last week)

After a nerve-wracking double overtime win against Kansas, Texas Tech is still  in the top tier of the Big 12. Tommy Tuberville is thrilled with the success this season, considering the low expectations the media had for the Red Raiders.

-Oklahoma State 6-3 (4-2) (Fifth last week)

Even though backup quarterback Clint Chelf started, Oklahoma State had no problem outscoring West Virginia. The Cowboys high-scoring offense has elevated the team this season.

-Texas Christian 6-4 (3-4) (Sixth last week)

Texas Christian had a rough week against Kansas State. The conclusion of the season will still challenge the Horned Frogs, giving coach Gary Patterson his first full season of experiencing the Big 12.

-West Virginia 5-4 (2-4) (Seventh last week)

There is not much to say about West Virginia. Coming off a season where the Mountaineers were victorious in the Orange Bowl, Geno Smith and company have moved in the wrong direction.

-Iowa State 5-5 (2-5) (Eighth last week)

Iowa State’s grueling season can flip in the final two games. The Cyclones are playing Kansas and West Virginia, both who have struggled within the conference. If Iowa State capitalizes against one, or both of those teams, it will give them a boost before the season ends.

-Baylor 4-5 (1-5) (Ninth last week)

Baylor was in position to pull off its second conference win of the season on the road at Oklahoma, but fell short. Baylor is not favored to win any of its final three contests, and coach Art Briles wants to go into the offseason with at least one win against one of the three ranked teams ahead.

-Kansas 1-9 (0-7) (10th last week)

Coach Charlie Weis likes the effort he saw from his players on Saturday. If Kansas can end the home schedule with a win on senior night, it will mean a lot to Weis and all the players after a long season.

• Updated Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:37 pm
  • Edited by Andrew Ruszczyk