Jayhawks in the NFL in the 2012-2013 season
- Sep. 18, 2012
- 0 Comments
- Dezmon Briscoe: Briscoe was claimed off waivers by the Washington Redskins after playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during the past two seasons. Briscoe, who has seven career touchdown receptions, has yet to record a catch in the 2012 season and has only been targeted once.
- Anthony Collins: Collins is in fifth season with the Cincinnati Bengals and is currently listed as the team’s backup at left tackle behind Andrew Whitworth. Collins did not play in either of the Bengals’ first two games of the 2012 season.
- Chris Harris: Harris is in his second season with the Denver Broncos and is currently the team’s backup at right cornerback behind Tracy Porter. Harris had four tackles in the Broncos’ first game of the 2012 season against the Steelers, but sat out the team’s last game on Monday night against the Atlanta Falcons with an ankle injury.
- Steven Johnson: Johnson is in his first season with the Denver Broncos after making the team as an undrafted free agent this offseason. Johnson is currently listed as the Broncos’ backup at middle linebacker behind Joe Mays. The linebacker had an excellent preseason as he led the Broncos with 16 tackles and also had a sack and a forced fumble. Johnson has earned playing time on the special teams unit in the Broncos’ first two games of the 2012 season
- Mike Rivera: After spending the majority of his first three seasons on practice squads, Rivera made the New England Patriots 53-man roster this year. After leading the team with 18 tackles during the preseason, Rivera is currently listed as the team’s backup at middle linebacker behind Brandon Spikes. Before signing with the Patriots, Rivera has spent time with the Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears, Tennessee Titans and Green Bay Packers. Rivera has appeared in the Patriots’ first two games of the 2012 season, but he has yet to make a tackle or intercept a pass.
- Darrell Stuckey: Stuckey is currently the San Diego Chargers’ backup at free safety behind Eric Weddle and plays mostly on special teams. The safety is in his third NFL season and has made four tackles through the undefeated Chargers’ first two games.
- Aqib Talib: Talib is in his fifth season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and is currently the starting left cornerback. Talib has 17 career interceptions. Through the first two games of the 2012 season, Talib has 11 tackles and has defended five passes. Additionally, he blocked a punt in the season opener against the Carolina Panthers.
— Edited by Ethan Padway