Thoughtful, outgoing and hard working only begin to describe Courtney Newman’s legacy. Newman, who passed away at Ellsworth Residence Hall Thursday evening, was an enthusiastic student who was heavily involved in campus activities, including her role as a resident assistant. KU Alerts reported the death, stating that the campus police had found no evidence of [...]
McCollum Hall, the 47-year-old residence hall that is now known to some students as “McCompton” or “Big Mac,” may soon meet its end. The University submitted a request to the Kansas Board of Regents to demolish the building and build two new residence halls on Daisy Hill. The board will consider this request Wednesday. McCollum [...]
The renovated dining hall at Gertrude Sellards Pearson Residence Hall officially opened for business last week with its ribbon cutting ceremony. The original building, built in the 1950s, was “long overdue” for a change, said Sheryl Kidwell, assistant director for the Memorial Unions Residential Dining. The North College Café features eight cuisine stations, including Italian [...]
The K.K. Amini Scholarship Hall, 1318 Louisiana St., caught fire Thursday evening, causing a reported $4,000 in damages. According to the Lawrence Journal World, firefighters responded to the call around 6:30 p.m. after residents had unsuccessfully tried to put out the fire themselves. Residents were allowed back into the scholarship hall after the smoke had [...]
Update: The cause of the fire at Sigma Chi has been confirmed as an accident resulting from construction work on the house, according to Division Chief Eve Tolefree, Douglas County Fire Medical spokeswomen. In a news release, Tolefree said the fire caused $150,000 of damage. A fire started at Sigma Chi fraternity at around 4 [...]
There will be unannounced fire drills for on-campus housing sometime during the first 10 days of the semester, according to a statement from Diana Robertson, student housing director. The drills would be conducted in residence halls, scholarship halls and Jayhawker Towers. Evacuation routes are posted on the back of each student’s room door, and assembly [...]
Apogee is the main Internet service provider for KU Residence Halls.
Legal issues can be avoided if both parties are informed from the start.
Local lawyer strongly suggests bringing in a lease to be proofed before committing to living place.
An Oliver Hall resident suspected fireworks to be the cause that set a tree on fire outside of the residence hall Sunday night.
All of the students affected by the theft have been notified, according to Jill Jess, a University spokesperson.
After the on campus neighborhood’s representatives were replaced, the new organization has been granted a place in Student Senate.
Apogee, the country’s largest residential network internet provider, takes over Internet service duties from KU IT ResNet.
Mason’s attorney said he was unaware of his whereabouts