What to know before voting tomorrow

Before you vote tomorrow, know where and when to do it, and what to bring with you.

• Voters must only vote at their registered precinct, or poll. Lawrence has 59 polls in different areas throughout the city. A person’s place of residence determines which poll they vote at. Voters can find their registered poll by going to douglascountyelections.com, clicking Already Registered Voters under the Voter Portal icon and entering their info in the Voter Registration Search Form.
  • “The big thing is you have to go to your precinct,” said Jamie Shew, Douglas County clerk. “A lot of the confusion that happens on campus is that everyone thinks they can vote at the campus location on Election Day and you cannot. It is only for students who live in that precinct, which is basically Daisy hill.”
  • Voting polls around Lawrence will be open tomorrow from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Shew said voters must be in line before 7 p.m. in order to vote. The poll lines and time it takes to vote can vary depending on precinct. To speed up the process in the booth, Shew advises voters to be familiar with the sample ballot form at doulgascountyelections.com.
  • A list of acceptable identifications is also listed on the website. Voters will need a government-issued photo ID to vote. Some of the accepted forms of indentification include driver’s license, state identification card, public school ID, tribal ID, and passports. First-time voters do not need to bring their registration card to the poll.
  • Updated Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm
  • Edited by Joanna Hlavacek
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=16829027 Kristen Blosser

Can you still vote at the Burge Union today (Monday)?