Muslim Student Association hosts Islam Awareness Week

The Muslim Student Association wants to teach others about Muslims and the Islamic faith through its Islam Awareness Week on campus, and will host events throughout the week.

“The purpose is to educate people on Islam and Muslims,” said Iesha Kincaid, president of the Muslim Student Association. “There are a lot of stereotypes and misconceptions out there, so we hope to show what Islam is really about and get rid of some of those stereotypes and misconceptions.”

Kincaid said some of the misconceptions of Islam make people think it is nothing more than terrorism, oppression among women, disliking America and the Prophet Muhammad portrayed as a war lord.

The Muslim Student Association has an informational booth in the Kansas Union lobby every day this week from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Each day will feature a different theme table.

The two main events are The Truth About Controversy lecture by Dr. Sabeel Ahmed on Wednesday at  7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Woodruff Auditorium of the Kansas Union and the documentary on the life of the Prophet Muhammad on Friday at 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Big 12 room of the Kansas Union.

Specific details on Muslim Awareness Week events and informational tables can be found at calendar.ku.edu.

Topics for Islam Awareness Week information tables, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Kansas Union

• Monday, Nov. 5: Pillars of Islam
  • Tuesday, Nov. 6: Women and Headscarf Wednesday, Nov. 7: Misconceptions about Muslims
  • Thursday, Nov. 8: Key Figures in Islam
  • Friday, Nov. 9: Scientific Contributions from Islam
  • Evening Events for Islam Awareness Week
  • Monday, Nov. 5 at 7 p.m.: KU Basketball Watch Party in KS Union Traditions Room
  • Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.: The Truth About Controversy lecture by Dr. Sabeel Ahmed in KS Union Woodruff Auditorium
  • Thursday, Nov. 8 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Islam Awareness Week-Quran Recitation Contest in Wescoe Hall 3140
  • Friday, Nov. 9 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Documentary on the Life of the Prophet Muhammad in KS Union Big 12 Room
  • Updated Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:14 pm
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Matthews/100002295970846 Bruce Matthews

Muslims are the ones who need to be educated on individual rights. The misconceptions belong to Muslims lack of values.

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Mike-Villano/100000013071517 Mike Villano

Ms. Iesha Kincaid is the one who needs to inform herself.

What she cites as stereotypes and misconceptions are facts and truth. She is most ignorant in her smugness.

• Salma Aldurani

Send link to as many Christian and Jewish Students as possible to challenge the spreading of Islam: http://www.jihadwatch.org. Educate yourselves, ask questions, challenge! The fruit of Islam is key (it is rotten). Get courageous, brave, strong Christians to go. Ask them if Abraham and Jesus was a Muslim! Ask them if Christians can build a church in Saudi Arabia. What are honor killings? How many wives can a Muslim have? What does a rape victim need in court to fight for her honor? Did Muhammed consummate a marriage with a 9 year old, whom he married at age 6.

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002074331223 Vin Sback

proper title: Muslim Brotherhood Front- Group, Muslim Students Assoc wants to lie to Kansas Kids about Islam

• http://islamsfatalflaw.blogspot.com/ BobSmith101

Would you wear a T-shirt with a Mohammad cartoon printed on it?

You might in Montana. Don’t try it in Mecca.

Why?

Because, Islam trains a small number of its most devout believers it’s OK to kill. And Islamic killers have been trained to kill anyone who insults Allah and/or Mohammad.

In Montana you’d have a good chance none of these Islamic killers would see you.

In Mecca you wouldn’t last five minutes. One of Islam’s killers
    would come from out of nowhere and kill you. It is that simple.

You don’t believe me? Ask any Muslim!

Read it all at: http://islamsfatalflaw.blogspot.com/

• http://madaboutmahound.blogspot.com/ Gary Rumain

Everything I needed to know about pislam, I learnt on 9/11, 7/7, Madrid, Bali (twice), etc. etc. etc.

• http://profiles.google.com/canto28 Canto 28

To judge Islam don’t listen to smiling Muslims in the West, they have an strong interest in your not fearing Islam or Muslims. Look how Islam is actually practiced in Islamic countries, and its history. It’s a horror show of intolerance, oppression (especially of women and infidels) and violence with quotes from the Qur’an for justification.

• Gerald

Is Iesha Kincaid going to explain how wives are to be beaten if they refuse sex with their husbands in line with Koranic injunctions. Read here for further details.
    http://sheikyermami.com/2012/11/05/singapore-islamic-marriage-instructors-teach-wife-beating-if-she-refuses-to-have-sex/

• http://www.facebook.com/susan.kiepprien Susan Victoria Kiepprien

HEADSCARVES: not mentioned in the qur’an nor the hadiths. Only to cover one’s chest with veils.

SCIENCE: if you repeat a lie often enough, people end up believing it. Just like history, they also distort scientific achievements.

MOHAMED: They’ll show the short Mecca period and omit the worst, the Median period.

And on and on and on… let’s hope the students verify the truth before swallowing whole what will be taught.

• Kashif

Instead of posting comments here, why don’t all of you ‘cyber warriors’ and ‘arm chair’ defenders of ‘western values’ go to their table and ask them all these questions and discuss all these statements. It seems ironic that people like you who claim to represent the ‘civilized’ world against ‘muslim savages’ are not willing to go to them and engage them in a civilized debate.

• Ganesha_akbar

For those interested in full disclosure of these Muslim Brotherhood affilitates, read MSA’s dossier @
    http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6175

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Alan-Wright/1098046731 Alan Wright

Science? Sure, things like the sun setting in a pool of mud every evening, the earth being stationary, and sperm originating from the spine. Yeah, good luck with that.

• Ann Thomas

LOL really??? Everyday you hear stories of terrorism, oppression of women etc coming from the muslim world & then they say we stereotype them? These are the stories from today http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/haji-ali-dargah-in-mumbai-shuts-doors-on-women-288916?pfrom=home-topstories

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/mother-killed-her-with-acid-attack-for-looking-at-a-boy-288654

• http://twitter.com/Mrs_Alhassan Tanya

Ok Muslim haters… I don’t know what your beef with Muslims is, and it’s sad to have so much hate in your heart. However, I think that before you keep bashing on the Muslims, you should do more research. GO TO THESE EVENTS! GO to a local masjid. GO to the AAAS department at KU. They will be able to give you more ACCURATE information than your ihatemuslims.com or wherever you get your information. You might think I’m completely biased because I am Muslim, but I was not always Muslim. I was originally a Jew, and I started studying Arabic and Islamic studies at KU. Through my studies is how I began to love the Quran and to love Islam. I do not expect you to convert, but what I do want is for you to stop speaking with so much hatred.

Islam itself does not treat women badly. Women choose to wear the hijab or to cover themselves in a modest way. Your websites on how women get beaten? Ok, 3 out of a million people suffer through this.Christians, Jews, Hindus, and whatevers also beat their women and do bad things to them. Was religion behind it? Maybe yes or maybe no. The person who did the beating was obviously a bad person. Does this mean that that group is all bad? No. Tell me this. How is it ok to get caught in the Boom Boom Room at the Hawk having sex better than having Male/Female interactions regulated? Islam calls for regulations, not for restrictions. If it’s ok to be in the boom boom room, then I’m glad I am Muslim.

As for honor killings and rape cases. Woohoo.. way to quote Afghanistan and some SMALL parts of Syria, which are both currently having many issues with their law enforcers and such.The issue is being able to prove that the woman was raped. It’s horrible when women get raped. Everyone agrees on that. The issue is, was the woman in the wrong or was she doing wrong by being inappropriate with a man? I remember hearing about cases IN THE US where there would be a guy who got accused of raping a girl, but really she was just trying to cover herself and reputation…and the girl would win. (guy was 18 and women were younger) The same can happen in reverse. The guy could be in the wrong, or the girl could be in the wrong. It’s hard to prove. So woohoo… way to address an issue that is prevalent EVERYWHERE.

Polygamy. Muslims can have up to 4 IF THEY CAN HANDLE it. IF they can treat their wives EQUALLY. It is recommended that you do not take more than 1. In those times, marriages were mostly political or for protection of the woman. (Woman’s husband dies, so she’s like.. kinda screwed, so she would marry someone new). The Prophet consummated a marriage at a young age with his young wife because at those times, people LIVED FOR LESS TIME. Shorter life span means less time to do things. She had already gone through puberty, so she was technically a young woman.She was the daughter of his close companion, Abu Bakr. It was agreed upon.

Verses from the Quran were revealed during the “crazy” Mecca and Medinan times to address those issues and the best way to address them.

Abraham and Jesus submitted to Allah (English=God). I guess you could say they were Muslims.Since Muslim means one who submits to God’s will. Anyways, the Quran says that we must respect everyone of the monotheistic faiths. People of the book “ahl al kitaab” Jew, Christian, Muslim.

Christians can not build churches in Saudi Arabia for obvious reasons. It’s a Muslim nation. Like…98% (don’t quote me, but a lot of people!) are Muslim. Would you expect 2% minority of Muslims living in the Vatican to build a mosque there? Absolutely not! So why should Christians be allowed to build a church in Saudi??

BTW….MSA is not led by “Muslim Brotherhoods”. They’re just innocent students trying to get their degrees…just like everyone else.

• InfidelAlliance

Tanya, you have converted to Islam but since you still live in a free country you can convert back to Judaism or simply choose to reject Islam or any other religion if ou wish.

But do ou know the Islamic penalty under the Sharia and the Sunnah for converting back to your original faith? Let me share it with you:

Bukhari 89:271: Narrated Abu Musa:

“A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu’adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu’adh asked, “What is wrong with this (man)?” Abu Musa replied, “He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism.” Mu’adh said, “I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle Muhammed”

Oh…and there are also these little gems:

Bukhari 52:260: The Prophet Muhammed said “If someone (Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.”

Bukhari 84:57: Allah’s Apostle Muhammed said “Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill them.”

Did they tell you these things before you converted to Islam Tanya?

~ The Infidel Alliance

• http://twitter.com/Mrs_Alhassan Tanya

I am actually really happy being Muslim, with all respect to the Jews (because funny thing, we actually do like the Jews.. refer to the other Islam awareness week article discussion board… I have a paper to write (funny concept, I’m actually a student, not a bad person), I do not want to be Jew again.

Bukhari was HADITH, not the QURAN. Hadith are reported sayings of the Prophet and companions. Sometimes the hadith are thrown out because they could not be verified. Quran is divinely revealed text (like the Bible and Torah… which we believe in too). I would recheck your sources or translations of Bukhari texts too. Because I remember them saying differently. The Quran does say that if you do convert away from Islam then you are going to hell. How is that argument any different than what the Christians say about rejecting Christianity? (Btw We believe in Jesus as a Prophet). As for the killings, I can not speak on behalf of the minority crazies who kill people. Just like the Christians can not speak on behalf of the Phelps. If you want a more in depth analysis on how these hadiths have been taken out of context, please contact Professor Brinton from the religious studies department. She knows more about how to explain this than I do.

• InfidelAlliance

Dear Tanya,

I’m sorry but your reply just tells me that you blindly joined a cult without fully understanding it. The Hadith I cited are ‘sahih’ or authenticated….Musims cannot just throw these away!

Like it or not, these ARE the words of your holy prophet, your insan al-kamil, your moral standard bearer, Muhammed. If you reject the authenticated words of Muhammed, what kind of Muslim are you?

As for your ‘divinely revealed text, the Koran, how can you say “we actually do like the Jews” when your Koran states clearly and unambiguously that this is forbidden:

Koran 5:51 – “Oh you who believe, do not take the Jews or the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other, and whoever amongst you takes them as a friend, then surely he is one of them. Surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.”(like you Tanya…unless you reject friendship with Jews and Christians….what’s it going to be?)

~ The Infidel Alliance

• InfidelAlliance

Dear Tanya,

Having established you either do not really know your religion, or are lying about it I have to ask for clarification of your statement “As for the killings, I can not speak on behalf of the minority crazies who kill people.”

How can you say this when as a Muslim you testify daily about Muhammed who according to your Koran, Ahadith and Sirat Rasul Allah, was itself a savage killer?

Read your adopted books Tanya. Factually, Muhammed was an evil man, a mass murdering, head chopping genocidist.

You know I’m not making this up as its recorded for history in black and white by Muslims in the Islamic texts.

How can ou claim the prince of peace, Jesus, as an Islamic prophet, when Islam’s final prophet Muhammed was in every respect an anti-Christ?

Tanya, you live in America, a free country where freedom of conscience is a guaranteed right. You can still reject the hate and violence of Islam, and choose another faith or choose no faith at all without fear of a sharia death fatwa.

I urge you to think seriously about this and do it before you become a total slave of Muhammeds death cult.

Your sincere friend,

~ The Infidel Alliance

• InfidelAlliance

We must understand that Muslims are slaves who have a different civilizational consciousness than free non-Muslims. While we in the free world can choose to follow or reject the peace of Buddha or the love of Jesus, Muslims have no option but to submit to Muhammed.

Why is that bad? Well, according to Islamic source texts, written by Muslims themselves, Muhammed was a mass murderer, a human slaver and slave trafficker, a sex slaver and sex trafficker, an obsessed head chopping mass decapitator, a brutal hand and foot chopping eyeball burning tongue cutting torturer, a serial rapist, a child rapist, a sexual deviant, a perfidious liar, a looting stealing thief, a violent warlord, a genocidist and self proclaimed terrorist.

By any objective standard, far from being a ‘holy prophet’ Muhammed was one of the most vile examples of a man in the pantheon of human history.

Muhammed was a sadistic sociopath consumed by unquenchable sexual lust, asymptotic material greed and primal violent bloodlust.

Muhammed was in truth little more than a 7th century Arabian Hitler, a Meccan Charles Manson, only more perfect in his evil than either. Muhammed should be reviled not revered, and he should have been incarcerated not venerated.

Yet, this is the man who informs the consciousness of the Muslim, the moral standard bearer for one fifth of humanity.

This is the most important thing to know about Islam.

~ The Infidel Alliance

• InfidelAlliance

Understanding that Muhammed was a sadistic sociopath, the second thing that we must understand is that Islam is not just some ‘religion’ but rather a totalitarian supremecist ideology similar to NAZI’sm but wrapped in some kind of violent religious fairy tale, dedicated to global domination by force.

The prime directive of Islam is to force the world to submit to Islam by the tactic of violent jihad (holy war) and by dissembling and lying about the truth of Islam as will be done in the Muslim Student Association event.

Here’s the hard truth about what Islam is all about:

Muslim (1:33) – the Messenger of Allah Muhammed said “I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”

Bukhari (8:387) – Allah’s Apostle Muhammed said “I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah’. And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally.”

Muslim (1:30) – “The Messenger of Allah Muhammed said “I have been commanded to fight against people so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah.”

Koran (5:51) – “O you who believe (Muslims)! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.”

Koran (2:216) – “Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.”

Koran (3:151) – “Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority”.

Koran (8:12) – “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”

Koran (17:16) – “And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction.”

Bukhari (52:220) – Allah’s Apostle Muhammed said “I have been made victorious with terror”

Could it be any more crystal clear???

~ The Infidel Alliance

• InfidelAlliance

Understanding that Muhammed was a sadistic sociopath and that Islam is a violent totalitarian supremecist ideology dedicated to global dominion by force, is it fair to say that we are in a ‘War on Terror’? Not unless you want to relabel WW2 as the ‘War on Blitzkreig’.

Terror is just the favored tactic used by Muhammed and is minions for the past 1400 years in their effort to conquer the world. What we are really facing is nothing less than THE ISLAMIC WORLD WAR.

THE ISLAMIC WORLD WAR? Let’s look at the facts:

Islam against the:
    - Catholics in the Philippines
    - Ahmadiyya and Christians in Indonesia
    - non-Muslims in Malaysia
    - western civilization in Sydney Australia
    - infidel tourists in a cafe in Hindu Bali (blown up twice)
    - Buddhists in Thailand & Burma
    - Hindus & Sikhs in India
    - Jews in Mumbai
    - homosexuals, Christians, Zoroastrians in Iran
    - schoolchildren in Beslan Russia
    - atheist Han Chinese in xinjiang
    - Chaldean Christians in Iraq
    - Coptic Christians in Egypt
    - Jews in Israel
    - all non-Muslims in Mali, Sudan, Somalia, Uganda, Nigeria
    - embassies in Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt, Libya
    - train commuters in Spain
    - bus and tube commuters in London
    - non-Muslims in Malmo and Rotterdam
    - Jews in France (read the grisly murder of Ilan Halimi)
    - airport in Scotland (blown up)
    - soldiers on a bus in Frankfurt
    - Danish cartoonists (death fatwa)
    - Dutch politicians (death fatwa)
    - cinematographer Theo Van Gogh (assassinated)
    - journalist Daniel Pearl (decapitated)
    - office workers in New York (twice)
    - pedestrians in Times Square
    - politicians in Washington
    - defense workers in the pentagon
    - soldiers at Ft. Hood
    - recruiters in Little Rock
    - delta airline passengers on Christmas (underwear bomber)
    - airline passengers over the Atlantic (shoe bomber)
    - Jewish centers in Caracas, Toronto, Seattle, Argentina
    And on, and on, and on…..

It is Islam against all non-Islamic peoples in every corner of the globe. It is dar al-Islam against dar al-Harb (google it). It is nothing less than

THE ISLAMIC WORLD WAR

Inspired by Allah, mandated by Muhammed, commanded in the Koran and Ahadith.

THE ISLAMIC WORLD WAR – wake up…it’s real.

~ The Infidel Alliance

• InfidelAlliance

Here’s a quiz for Kansas students:

When Muhammed, the moral standard bearer and ‘holy prophet’ of Islam said “I have been made victorious with terror”- Bukhari (52:220), he was:

A) lying, like moral standard bearers and holy prophets are supposed to do, or

B) just joking, like some kind of 7th century Meccan Seinfeld, or

C) he was stating the truth and admitting that the moral standard bearer and holy prophet of Islam was a self admitted terrorist

The correct answer is: C

Now, please compare and contrast the following websites and determine which one reveals the objective truth:

http://www.religionofpeace.com/
    or
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

~ The Infidel Alliance