Reilly: West a positive influence on Kardashian’s fashion

When it comes to Kim Kardashian, the first things that come to mind are probably the curve-hugging dresses and long, curly dark hair. But, if you’ve noticed in the last year since her relationship with musician Kanye West began, her style has taken quite the chic turn.

It all began in Fall 2011 when Kardashian showed up at West’s clothing line launch, DW Kanye West, at Paris Fashion Week. The reality star was decked out in West’s designs from head to toe. Slowly but surely he began transforming the reality star for the better. She hasn’t been the same since.

On the infamous family’s reality show, “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” West was even seen replacing Kim’s wardrobe. What used to be nothing but Herve Leger dresses and chunky platforms is now a black and white couture paradise. West has simplified the reality star’s style into sheer perfection.

Kardashian can hardly be caught in anything that isn’t black or white these days. Always dressed to impress in Tom Ford, Lanvin or Balmain, the color blocking works wonders on the pregnant star. Giuseppe Zanotti and Christian Louboutin heels and Celine or Cartier cuffs and bracelets are also a given.

Even her extensions and thick, orange makeup got the boot. Kardashian has a cleaner look all around thanks to the controversial rapper’s helping hand. Props to West for making the world a better place by making someone else’s style as good as his own. The famous sister definitely wins Most Improved for her style evolution thanks to her new man. It even seems that maybe Kardashian has helped West retire his controversial ways in return. Perhaps there is hope for baby Kimye after all.

Callan Reilly is a journalism major from Everywhere. Read more from .

• Updated Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:45 pm
  • Edited by Ashleigh Tidwell