State bill proposes right to carry concealed weapons on campus

A bill in the Kansas House of Federal and State Affairs Committee would allow concealed carry permit holders to bring firearms onto college and university campuses.

The committee heard testimony Wednesday and Thursday on House Bill 2353, introduced by Rep. Forrest Knox, R-Altoona.

Under the current law, public and private buildings may prohibit entry of permit holders’ firearms with signs posted at every entrance, which the University currently does.

According to the new bill, public places would not be able to prohibit firearms by licensed carriers unless it had “adequate security measures,” including security guards and metal detectors at all public entrances.

The University and Kansas Board of Regents oppose the bill.

Photo illustration — Bill could allow students to bring concealed firearms onto campus.

Photo illustration — Bill could allow students to bring concealed firearms onto campus. -Travis Young

“The safety and security of our campus community is a top priority,” Jill Jess University Director for News and Media Relations, said. “However, we at KU agree with the Board of Regents and all university police chiefs in Kansas that concealed carry on campus will not increase security and public safety.”

Since May 2007, 385 deaths occurred by killers with concealed carry permits, according to the Violence Policy Center’s website, which updates the tally monthly.

In 2010, 12,996 homicides occurred by firearms, according to the FBI’s website.

When comparing the two numbers, Dillon Barnes, a senior majoring in psychology from Maple Hill, Kansas thinks there is very little risk of a concealed carry permit holder abusing their firearm.

“There is a bad apple in every group,” Barnes, a concealed carry permit holder, said. “People who want to get a gun illegally will find a way to do so, whether it’s legal to carry a firearm or not.”

Barnes, regularly takes his firearm with him in public, and would take his gun on campus if the bill passed. He believes allowing permit holders to bring their firearms on campus would help improve personal safety.

“People don’t know that they’re already around carriers, Because they are concealed and there hasn’t been any problems with them, people don’t even notice,” Barnes said.

On behalf of all university police chiefs in Kansas, Richard Johnson, Director of Public Safety, wrote a letter to the board of regents, stating their opposition for the bill.

“It is our firm belief that allowing weapons on campus would significantly increase the risk of danger and tragedy, and not make anyone safer. It should not be assumed that the limited training persons licensed to carry a concealed weapon receive, will enable them to react in a safe, reasonable, and legal manner during a volatile situation,” Johnson said in his letter.

Many supporters of the bill believe it is their constitutional right to carry firearms in public under the Second Amendment.

However, Richard Levy, University School of Law Professor of Constitutional Law, does not think current interpretations of the amendment call for concealed carry on campus.

“I don’t think there is a strong argument under the law as it stands that it is required by the state to allow concealed carry in public places under the Second Amendment,” Levy said.

Levy said the original interpretation of the amendment was the right to bear arms for militia purposes, but in 2008 the Supreme Court ruled individuals have the right possess firearms for personal protection under District of Columbia V. Heller.

“The Second Amendment didn’t create conceal and carry,” Levy said. “The Second Amendment doesn’t tells us if you have the right to have the weapon on your person, or which places it is and isn’t okay to have a weapon,”

Levy thinks if the bill passes it would be difficult to have it overturned.

Following the hearings, the committee will decide to favorably recommend the bill to the house or not.

A bill similar to House Bill 2353 passed the House last year, but failed to gain traction in the Senate.

Governor Sam Browback’s office said he has not made a public decision on whether he would sign the bill into law or not if it passed.

Edited by Tanvi Nimkar

• Updated Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:11 am
  • js124716

The FBI’s report says there are 12996 homicides total for 2010. Only 8775 were
    committed with a firearm. Your article is misleading, but I’m not surprised.

The guy who wrote the Second Amendment(George Mason), said the militia is the whole people. He was also the same guy who walked out of the Constitutional Convention in disgust because there wasn’t a provision for individual rights.
    Citizens/The whole people/The militia, were guaranteed the right to keep and use a weapon (not just guns) from day one.

Select militias(police) were regarded with as much contempt as a standing armies by the founders.

Another point to consider: Police and campus security are reactionary. An event (shooting, hostage taking, kidnapping, rape) has to happen before they get involved. The only way to stop an event is to have a weapon on your person that you can display in seconds that tells a perpetrator that you will not be a victim.

• swishymcjackass

For the record, I know several conceal carry licensed people who conceal carry on campus right now despite the ban, so your little stickers (and the policy behind them) are clearly ineffective.

• Calvin

Your evidence from the Violence Policy Center is also misleading. …385 killers with concealed carry permits… the vast majority of those “killers” were responsible citizens defending their lives, others lives, or property from criminals. Your little squawk there is very misleading. In fact, I would say that it is a lie. Your source mixes real murders with self defense. Your use of the term “killer” is prejudicial and loaded.

The fact is that the University of Kansas is a taxpayer supported institution and if the taxpayers support this then the university should submit to those who pay the bills. The other letter writer is correct, how many weapons are currently on campus in the hands of those with a concealed carry permit? You might be surprised.

Before I go, you also make a statement that Jill Jess said that concealed carry will not make the campus safer. She did not say that concealed carry would make the campus UNSAFER so if it is neutral (as her words imply) then don’t stand in the way as you have no reason to oppose the law.

• Dillon

I spent an hour with Rachel discussing this issue, she seemed genuinely interested in the subject and I thoroughly enjoyed the interview.

When talking to me, she indicated that she felt the 385 deaths indicated by the Violence Policy Center was actually quite low when compared to total firearms deaths. Maybe that was the point she was trying to convey in the article, but ended up writing a piece that is largely biased against firearms and concealed carry. We even discussed the agenda of the Violence Policy Center and I’m surprised she used that as a source in this article.

A disappointing story.

• Savage

When you only have seconds, cops are only a few minutes away.

I don’t know what’s sadder. Quoting policemen about whether or not they feel free American citizens should have the right to defend themselves or the implication that no-gun stickers actually deter people with the intent on using guns.

• Calvin

Here is the article that you should have referenced http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm
    Somewhat bordering on plagarism but you should have realized that this is not a reliable source and included an opposing view point. Poor journalism indeed.

• Jim_Macklin

The VPC counts a dead rapist or burglar the same as a dead co-ed, to them all use of a gun is evil. “Since May 2007, 385 deaths occurred by killers with concealed carry permits, according to the Violence Policy Center’s website, which updates the tally monthly. ” What does the FBI or local sheriff report? Since government release of names of licensed firearm owners is illegal in most states, VPC just makes up numbers, they are not a reliable source.
    As another poster noted, murder does not require a firearm, although in most cases a firearm is required for self-defense.
    The fact is almost all the mass public killings have happened on a campus or place of work where the possession of a gun is denied.
    That means that such bans are ineffective, worse they may actually attract the deranged killer to a place where the are many potential, unarmed victims.

• cpcranston

Calvin, I am curious to know what exactly it is that you are reading. The vast majority of cases cited by the VPC are not stories of self defense at all, but more or less murders by those licensed to carry guns. The link that you said should have been referenced to the VPC is literally the same link that is referenced in the above article. You might also find it beneficial to read Johnson’s letter, which is in the link at the bottom of the post. You will notice he uses the same website while speaking for all university police chiefs in the state, the same letter Jill Jess references that KU supports.

It also seems that you are attempting to put words into the article that aren’t there. The article does not say anywhere that Jill Jess does not believe concealed carry will make the campus safer, but rather uses a quote that Jess said herself. KU has also publically opposed the bill more than once.

Instead of spending your day trolling a college newspaper website, calling out what is bad journalism in your own mind, perhaps your time would be better spent lobbying the government to do things your way.

Also, you mention the reporter should have talked to more supporters of the bill. This link may also answer why that is easier said than done. http://www.kmbc.com/news/30309517/detail.html

• Calvin

I have called my Congressman this week… have you?
    I linked that article for the very reason that you said. It was the source of her numbers and she didn’t cite it. I did her job for her. I also pointed out the inaccurate and biased way that the VPC came with their numbers.
    She quotes Jill Jess as I pointed out. Jess supports the police chiefs whereas the rank and file has supported concealed carry throughout the nation. Jess said that she didn’t think concealed carry would make the campus safer and Jess didn’t say that concealed carry would make the campus less safe. If she did then the writer messed up. So if Jess is being quoted accurately and concealed carry will not make the campus safer nor will it make the campus less safe then what is the problem. It is a wash.

As for VPC, I would like to hear some real names that I can check on. They don’t provide them which makes me curious as to why. I do know that the FBI has in years past acknowledged that over 1 million gun owners every year use a firearm to protect themselves. Most of the time a gun is never fired as has happened to me on three different occassions in my life.

• cpcranston

“Since May 2007, 385 deaths occurred by killers with concealed carry permits, according to the Violence Policy Center’s website, which updates the tally monthly.”

That’s cited pretty clearly to me, and incase you didn’t figure it out, the part where it says ‘the Violence Policy Center’s website’ is blue because it’s linked to the VPC website, which is exactly the same link you provided in an earlier post. While you may think you ‘did her job for her’ it appears that you are misunderstanding the technology used on the website.

As for the real names-do you think the VPC simply made up all the names mentioned as victims or suspects on the website? It pretty plainly states names in the all the cases included in the count.

• Jarhead1982

The VPC is a proven liar, but lets just put some reality to those numbers as I dont have time to post all the errors they have in their “data”.

BATF today acknowledges somewhere between 8 million to 10 million current cpl licensee’s.

385 / 5 years = 73 per year based on proven liars unlinked and unverifiable data.

73/ 8million = .00000913 deaths per licensee

73/10 million = .0000073 deaths per licensee

Now let5s review how dangerous the 700k doctors in the US are.

JAMA Medical Malpractice report 2001 44,000 to 98,000 deaths by doctor malpractice each year or .065 to .14 deaths per doctor.

.065/ .000009125 = 7,123 times more likely doctor to kill you
    .14/.000009125 = 15,342 ” ”

.065/.0000073 = 8,904 ” ”
    .14/.0000073 = 19,178 ” ”

You should be sacred to death of doctors.

• Jarhead1982

What is the risk being near a person carrying concealed.

We see US Census 2008 18.4 mil students, 42% 21 or older, 4,300 schools.

186 mil / 4,300 schools = 4,276 avg. students per school

US Census 186 mil 21 or older, 8 mil cpl licensee’s BATF 8 mil / 186 mil = 4.3% of population has cpl license.

18.4 mil x 42% = 7.728 mil x 4.3% = 332,304 / 4,300 schools = 77.28 avg. per school.

77.28 / 4, 276 = 1.8% chance of being around a student who is carrying concealed. Oh wow, that is so scary and so dangerous.

Based on your unsubstantiated fear, we should see thousands, uh no, hundreds, uh no, even tens of police reports showing you college students are identifying and assisting police in catching people who are carrying concealed today? Nope, you people can’t even see the criminals carrying concealed today, yet you are more afraid of law abiding citizens than criminals. Speaks volumes of your mental immaturity.

• Jarhead1982

The U.S. Dept of Education, the FBI and the U.S. Secret Service recently released an extensive research report (“Campus Attacks – Targeted Violence Affecting Institutions of Higher Learning”) that indicated the incidents of college campus violence had drastically increased in the past 20 years.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/campus-attacks/campus-attacks-pdf/view

• Jarhead1982

Lets review the following 10 mass shootings, and note what the body counts were where resistance occurred versus no resistance.

October 16, 1991, Luby’s Cafeteria, Killeen, TX, “Gun-Free”: 1 gunman, 23 murdered, 20 injured.
    April 20, 1999, Columbine, “Gun-Free”: 2 gunmen, 13 murdered, 24 injured. Many were murdered AFTER the police were “on scene”.
    April 16, 2007, Virginia Tech, “Gun-Free”: 1 gunman, 32 murdered, 25 injured. Most were murdered AFTER the police were “on scene”.
    Feb 14,2008 Northern Illinois University, 1 gunman, 5 dead, 18 injured, gunman kills self long before police arrive to engage.
    Nov 5 ,2009 Ft Hood Texas, 1 gunman, 13 dead, 30 wounded. Military personnel on base are BANNED from having a weapon, but the shooter did, and it was almost 9 minutes before police responded

Gun Free Zone 5 incidents

Defenseless victims murdered: 86
    Defenseless victims injured: 117

December 17, 1991 Shoney’s Family Restaurant, Anniston, AL: 3 gunmen, 20 hostages, one ARMED customer (Thomas Glenn Terry). Police finally arrived to find one dead robber, one wounded robber and the third had fled when the shooting started. NO INJURED INNOCENTS.
    October 1, 1997, Pearl High School: 1 gunman, 2 murdered, 7 injured: Stopped by ARMED vice principal.
    January 16, 2002, Virginia Appalachian School of Law: 1 gunman, 3 murdered, 3 injured. Killer was stopped when confronted by two ARMED students.
    Dec 9 2007, Colorado Springs, New Life Church, 1 gunman 2 murdered, 3 injured, gunman stopped when armed woman shoots gunman, who then turns gun on self and commits suicide, while 100 other church members are in church.
    May 4th, College Station Georgia 2 gunman, 10 victims, 1 dead gunman, 1 victim wounded. The 2 thugs robbing a party begin discussing if they have enough bullets to do the job. One man retrieves his firearm, kills one thug, chases the other off.

Where murderers encountered ARMED resistance 5 incidents

murdered: 7
    Where murderers encountered ARMED resistance; injured: 14

Wow, where no resistance occurred 9 plus times higher body count.

Yep, a higher body count is morally superior to a lower body count based on VPC’s irrational beliefs.

• Jarhead1982

Keep & Bear Arms, all these police incidents since 12/14/11.

Review of 3 others with this website, KC3, Armed Citizen, American Rifleman, an average of 80 incidents of self defense per month.

5 Years 385 claimed by VPC, Police incidents during same 5 years, 4,800, darn them details.

Buckeye police: Man shot during neighborhood gunbattle (AZ)
    • Dana Point Man Shoots, Kills Intruder (CA)
    • Homeowner Shoots Intruder Who Kicked in Front Door in Broad Daylight (OK)
    • Homeowner Fights Off, Shoots At 2 or 3 Burglars (SC)
    • DA: Man Who Shot Teens Was Third Robbery Victim (PA)
    • Defensive Gun Use of the Day: Gestating Edition (CA)
    • Daytona woman, 64, holds suspect in yard at gunpoint (FL)
    • Homeowner Shoots & Kills Late Night Intruder (CA)
    • Man Shoots at Home Intruder 3 Times, Suspect Escapes (UT)
    • Homeowner Shoots, Kills Intruder (OH)
    • Couple Shoot, Kill Home Invader (WA)
    • Homeowner Shoots Armed Home Invader Who Kicked in His Door (NM)
    • Defensive Gun Use of the Day: Charles Robbins (FL)
    • “Cat Lady” Fights Off Three Home Invaders Who Broke In To Steal Guns (MO)
    • South Carolina Waffle House customer shoots, kills robbery suspect (SC)
    • Suspect Shot During Attempted Robbery at Apartment Complex (WV)
    • Conyers, GA Shopper shoots knife-wielding robber (GA)
    • Homeowner Shoots Intruder as His Family Sleeps Nearby (AL)
    • Columbus homeowner shoots alleged home invader (GA)
    • Houston, TX Resident Shoots & Kills One of Two Armed Home Invaders (TX)
    • Homeowner Shoots Intruder With a .22 (PA)
    • 15 Yr Old Texas Girl Scares Off Two Burglars With Her Dad’s Gun (TX)
    • Mother shoots, kills son during bedroom assault (NC)
    • 82 Year Old Homeowner Shoots & Kills Mask Man w/ WW2 Gun (FL)
    • Don’t Mess With South Carolina Women (SC)
    • Gun Carrier Shoots at Impostor Police Officer (IN)
    • Homeowner Shoots 1 Burglar, Captures Another (IN)
    • Cleveland restaurateur with concealed handgun license forced to shoot man who threatened employees with two handguns (OH)
    • National Guardsman Pulls Gun On, Captures Three Teenage Robbers (IL)
    • Homeowner Shoots Rifle Wielding Home Invader w/ Shotgun (TX)
    • ‘I just shot the man’: Boy, 14, kills intruder after gang of FOUR men try to break into house where he was home alone with his sister
    • Tampa FL Homeowner Shoots at Home Invader (FL)
    • Three Armed Men Try To Rob Bar, One is Shot, Killed by Customer (VA)
    • Defensive Gun Use of the Day: Adan Duran (CA)
    • Jewelry Store Clerk Shoots At Heavily Armed Robbers (FL)
    • Shooting by ex-deputy sparks debate on “Stand your ground” law (FL)
    • Burglar Was Interrupted By Family, Shot in Foot (ME)
    • Business Owner Shoots One of Six Burglars, Others Captured (OK)
    • Store Clerk Ends Armed Robbery With A Single Gunshot (NC)
    • Visitor Shoots, Kills One of Several Home Invaders (TX)
    • Homeowner at Home w/ Daughter Shoots Home Invader Through Door (TX)

• Jarhead1982

More same website

• Woman Pepper Sprayed By Home Invader, Gets Gun, Shoots Back (MO)
    • Alleged burglar fatally shot by homeowner in South Everett (WA)
    • National Guardsman thwarts Red Line robbery; 3 teens arrested (IL)
    • Dyer man shoots at suspected police impostor (IN)
    • Syracuse police: Armed robber meets armed store clerk; clerk wins (NY)
    • Homeowner Confronts Car Thief, Shoots Thief Once After Altercation (AL)
    • Woman Shoots Ex-Boyfriend Who Broke Into Her Home In the Face (OH)• 90 Year Old Retired Sheriff’s Deputy and WW2 Pilot Shoots Intruder (CA)
    • 7-11 Clerk Shoots, Wounds Armed Robber Who Was Then Caught (VA)
    • Police: 84-year-old man kills intruder (9-1-1 audio available) (OH)
    • Las Vegas Pawn Shop Employee Shoots, Kills Armed Robber (NV)
    • Armed neighbor stops burglary (TX)
    • Home invasion ends with suspect’s stabbing (WA)
    • Blanchard woman shoots and kills intruder (OK)
    • Wendy’s Employee Shoots, Kills 1 of 2 Armed Robbers (GA)
    • Teenager Shoots, Kills Home Invader With Shotgun (TN)
    • Fort Worth Woman Shoots & Kills Home Intruder (TX)
    • Couple Shoots At, Captures Intruder On Drugs (OR)
    • Retired Police Officer Shoots Career Criminal/Home Invader (MI)
    • Home Invader Who Was Wearing Body Armor, Shot, Killed (NC)
    • DGU Puts Kroger in a Jam Over Employee Gun Policy (IN)
    • Wife Shoots Homeless Squatter Who Attacked Husband (SC)
    • Pistol-packing mayor draws heat (AL)
    • Man stabbed to death after breaking into home (KY)
    • Aloha couple wakes up to man beating them with tiki torch (OR)
    • 2 shot in gunfire exchange at coney island on Detroit’s west side (MI)
    • Investigators try to determine if a fatal Montgomery County shooting was justified (PA)
    • Magalia man shot to death after forcing way into home (CA)
    • Reno police say resident shoots intruder twice and puts him in the hospital (NV)
    • Armed husband stops suspected car thief (CA)
    • ldham County Shooter Claims Self-Defense (KY)
    • Richmond Man Says He Shot Burglar in Self Defense (KY)
    • Robbery: Two charged with manslaughter after victim shoots their accomplices, police say (AK)
    • Woman attacked by multiple dogs saved by Good Samaritans (AZ)

• Jarhead1982

You do realize that 70% of all violent crimes are not reported? USDOJ National Victimization report 2008.

You do realize the police, goverment, & felons all report only 15% of the time a firearm is used are shots fired. DOJ Firearms use by Offenders Nov Shall we review police studies in Chicago and NYC where between 76-80% of those involved in shootings, both shooter and injured were both involved in criminal activity at the time of the incident.
    http://www.popcenter.org/problems/drive_by_shooting/PDFs/Block_and_Block_1993.pdf, http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/public_information/2007_firearms_discharge_report.pdf, http://www.nyclu.org/files/nypd_firearms_report_102207.pdf

Those same reports also show only 15% of shots fired by police hit their targets. Are the bad guys better shots than the plice, naw.

So how many incidents occur for these violent crimes, and we havent even calculated all those self defense by civilians.

Care to do a basic math calculation of how many incidents occur but do not get reported, lol, no, you wouldn’t.

• Jarhead1982

http://supreme.justia.com/us/390/85/
    Haynes vs. U.S. 390 U.S. 85 1968 where the US Supreme Court ruled 8-1 in favor of Haynes that any law requiring a felon to self incriminate themselves and violate their 5th amendment rights was not enforceable as a charge for prosecution. Hence criminals don’t have to follow 85% of the existing gun control laws that do so, e.g. your stolen weapons, registrations, etc….

Amazing how the criminals don’t have to obey these laws yet only law-abiding citizens do? This just validates the hypocrisy that laws affect only the felons! After all, 20,000 gun laws and we see how effective a piece of legislation is at stopping violence because if it did, there wouldn’t be ANY VIOLENT CRIME.

• Jarhead1982

Of course we see from the USDOJ Background Check & Firearm transfer report 2008 http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/html/bcft/2008/bcft08st.pdf Brady Check report that of the 99 million checks for purchases from licensed sources only, since 1994.

We see a total of 1.67 million valid rejections, a 68% decrease in felons attempting to buy from a licensed source, and 58% of those rejected being felons.

We see that between 2000-2008 only 13,024 were prosecuted, or less than 1%.

We of course see how the anti gun lobby claims such effectiveness of this pathetically useless law with the hard data they can present that the 1.66 million plus who weren’t prosecuted then didn’t go and buy from an unlicensed source?

We also see how the USDOJ survey in 1997 where felons identified purchasing their weapons from 80% street buys, 12% retail stores, 2% gun shows.

Then that 68% reduction of attempted buys from licensed sources puts the street buys/theft at 95.52%, 3.64% retail stores, .64% gun shows in today’s numbers. Firearm Use by Offenders, Bureau of Justice Statistics, November 2001 http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=940.

Amazing how ineffective that poster child of futility is and this trend is similar with ALL gun control laws. Yet more laws will prevent criminals and terrorists from getting a firearm, ROTFLMFAO, uh yeah, and the moon is made of cheese and the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, right!

• Jarhead1982

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/03/21/national/main280557.shtml
    Undercover congressional investigators using fake IDs were able to skirt mandatory background checks and purchase guns in all of the five states where they tried, according to a report issued Wednesday.

The General Accounting Office study concluded that the national background check system for purchasing guns “cannot ensure that the prospective purchaser is not a felon.”

The system checks only whether the gun buyer had a criminal history but does not require any check to see whether the name or identification being used by the buyer is real.

Funny, how the trend is so consistent, the goverment failing to do their job.

• Calvin

Some fine reporting going on here now. Let me try to explain to the uninitiated; if Jane is walking home when Bill (the rapist) tries to assault her in the parking lot. Jane, who has a CCW, pulls out her Taurus PT-145 and puts two rounds in his chest. She gets a bloody nose and he dies with his pants around his ankles.
    According to this survey Jane is a killer with a CCW. They make no effort to separate a legal self defense killing with an illegal murder. According to the FBI statistics, armed civilians hit the right target more times than local police meaing that sometimes the wrong person gets shot and the police are more likely to do it than an armed citizen.
    Don’t tell me that you didn’t hear about the single, widowed mother whose house was broken into by two men just about two weeks ago? She called 911 (for police help) and spoke to a woman on the job. The police were dispatched but they were still minutes away when the men came in the back door. The mother asked the operator if it was okay to shoot and the operator hesitated and then told her, “do what you have to do.” One was dead at the scene and the other wounded criminal was captured later by police. Would you take the gun away from this single mother protecting her child?

• Jarhead1982

Here is some more fine reporting.

Review of the VPC website shows the following from ALabama!

Concealed Handgun Permit Holder:
    Bart Johnson
    Date: December 3, 2009
    Laquintta Turk
    Date: July 23, 2009
    Michael McLendon
    Date: March 10, 2009
    Kathy Lowe
    Pending
    Date: November 11, 2008

Now lets review the following ALABAMA Law!

http://ago.alabama.gov/Page-Gun-Reprocity-Law

Section 13A-11-75
    License to carry pistol in vehicle or concealed on person ¬ Issuance; fee; revocation; release of information.
    Alabama’s Firearms and Weapons Law

(b) The name, address, and signature collected from an applicant or licensee under this section shall be kept confidential, shall be exempt from disclosure under Section 36-12-40, and may only be used for law enforcement purposes except when a current licensee is charged in any state with a felony involving the use of a pistol. All other information on licenses under this section, including information concerning the annual number of applicants, number of licenses issued, number of licenses denied, revenue from issuance of licenses, and any other fiscal or statistical data otherwise, shall remain public writings subject to public disclosure. Except as provided above, the sheriff of a county shall redact the name, address, signature, and photograph of an applicant before releasing a copy of a license for a non-law enforcement purpose. The sheriff may charge one dollar ($1) per copy of any redacted license record requested other than when requested for law enforcement purposes. To knowingly publish or release to the public in any form any information or records related to the licensing process, or the current validity of any license, except as authorized in this subsection or in response to a court order or subpoena, is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (Acts 1936, Ex. Sess., No. 82, p. 51; Code 1940, T. 14, §177; Acts 1947, No. 616, p. 463, §5; Acts 1951, No. 784, p. 1378; Code 1975, §13-6-155; Act 2006-551, p. 1268, §1; Act 2009-711, p. 2093, §1.)
    UPDATE:

So lets see those permitees and actual concealed license holders names on the list, oh wait, VPC never provides such facts. Failure to provide that list means they dont have it, thats normal for liars!

• Pingback: NRA’s Efforts To Stop Anti-Gun Lobbying In Kansas Could Also Crush Stop-Smoking Efforts | Hillbilly News

• Pingback: NRA’s Efforts To Stop Anti-Gun Lobbying In Kansas Could Also Crush Stop-Smoking Efforts | The Las Angeles Times